Are you curious about Rife? You'll like this
gem from the archives. Royal Raymond Rife here on a transcript
that was dug out of age old legal records.
Royal Raymond Rife Talks Legal!
The Historical 1961 Legal Deposition of
Royal Raymond Rife's Historical Research.
Very Worthwhile for Your Study!
Deposition of Royal Rife
The People of the State of California
John Marsh, Lallas Bateson, and John Crane
Deposition of Royal R. Rife
Taken in the city of Tijuana, Baja California, Republic of Mexico
March 7, 1961
1. Quest: Please state your name?
Ans: Royal Raymond Rife
2. Quest: Where do you now reside?
Ans: As a tourist in Tijuana
3. Quest: Is it your intention to attend as a witness at the trial of this action?
4. Quest: Are you the same Royal R. Rife who invented the system of killing or
de-activating pathogenic organisms by electronic waves or frequencies produced by
instruments similar to those made by Mr. John Crane, one of the Defendants in this
5. Quest: If so, when did you begin your experimental work on this system?
6. Quest: How long a period did your work cover, in developing the device and the
techniques of its use?
Ans: From 1920 to the present time - 40 years and development is still continuing.
7. Quest: What is the basic theory upon which you sought to find a means of killing
Ans: The theory of coordinative resonance with frequencies which I proved would kill
microorganisms by electron transfer and internal stresses of pathogenic cells owing
to electromagnetic and electrostatic forces.
8. Quest: What kinds of pathogenic organisms did you study, in these
Ans: Tetanus, typhoid, gonorrhea, syphilis, staphylococci, pneumonia, streptothrix,
streptococci, tuberculosis, sarcoma, carcinoma, leprosy, polio, cholera,
actinomycosis, glanders, bubonic plague, anthrax, influenza, herpes, cataracts,
glaucoma, colitis, sinus, ulcers and many other virus bacteria and fungi.
9. Quest: From what sources were these organisms obtained?
Ans: The Hooper Foundation, Paradise Valley Sanitarium, from Northwestern
Medical University in Chicago, from the Mayo Clinic, and from many medical doctors.
10. Quest: What sort of laboratory facilities did you have, for use in these
Ans: I had one of the best privately equipped laboratories in the world complete with
a million volt x-ray, frequency instruments, electronic test equipment, precision
lathes, mills, drill presses, shaper and all equipment necessary to make
instruments, microscopes, glass blowing, and a surgical room for animals with
sterilizers of the steam type and a pathology room complete with microscopes of all
types virus microscopes which I had designed and built for the isolation of cancer
virus, T.B. virus, typhoid virus and many other virus. I had a stop motion microscope
set up for the life study of microorganisms from the cradle to the grave. I had
animals in cages in the basement with facilities for 1000 animals. The Rife
Research Laboratory was air conditioned and humidity controlled to one tenth of one
11. Quest: Where was your laboratory located?
Ans: On Alcott Street across from the Bridges Mansion in Point Loma
12. Quest: Did you study viruses, among other pathogenic organisms?
13. Quest: Were any special instruments required for your study of viruses?
14. Quest: What were they?
Ans: Prismatic virus microscopes and Berkefelt porcelain filters, a micromanipulator
and electronic test instruments and frequency instruments.
15. Quest: Were all of these obtainable from ordinary commercial sources?
Ans: No - I could not buy them on the open market and they are still not obtainable
16. Quest: If some were not obtainable from ordinary commercial sources, how did
you obtain them?
Ans: I had to design and build these instruments to accomplish what I wanted to
attain with my research.
17. Quest: Who designed these?
Ans: I designed them.
18. Quest: Where were they made?
Ans: In the Rife Research Laboratory.
19. Quest: Describe these special instruments for us.
Ans: The universal microscope was described and published by the journal of the
Franklin Institute. Time does not permit me to describe all of the many instruments
that I designed and constructed. The micromanipulator was used to dissect and
operate on cells. The spectrometer was used to measure the angles of crystals, the
frequency instruments were used to kill bacteria, virus, and fungi, the microscopes of
the prismatic virus type were used to study living virus, bacteria, and fungi, a
petrographical micropolariscope was used to analyze chemicals and color
frequencies with polarized light, special rare gas glass contained atmospheres were
used to provide ionized radiation to transmit energy to increase virulence and to
devitalize all microorganisms as desired.
20. Quest: Which pathogenic organisms did you study in virus form?
Ans: Cancer virus, typhoid virus, tuberculosis virus, herpes virus, B-coli virus,
poliomyelitis virus, and about 40 other virus that have never been isolated before.
21. Quest: How did you obtain these viruses?
Ans: From pure cultures of known and medical diagnosed tissue of human disease
filtered through porcelain berkefeld filters.
22. Quest: Describe your experiments by which you isolated these viruses.
Ans: After the filtered form was obtained, a micropipette is used to place a drop of
the fluid on a slide. This slide is placed on the microscope stage of any of the five
virus microscopes that I designed and built. A special risely prism which works on a
counter rotation principle selects a portion of the light frequency which illuminates
these virus in their own characteristic chemical colors by emission of coordinative
light frequency and the virus become readily identifiable by the colors revealed on
observation. 8,000 to 17,000x magnification is sufficient to see them. Before
building the virus prismatic microscopes, I sectioned over 15,000 slides trying all
types of acid and aniline dye stains with no results over a period of ten years.
23. Quest: How did you determine whether these viruses were pathogenic?
Ans: By animal test and from known sources and by microscope examination which
reveals the true identity of microorganisms to the trained observer.
24. Quest: Describe your experiments made to prove that these viruses were
Ans: On one series of cancer tests, I inoculated the virus which I had isolated and
filtered from an unulcerated breast mass into an albino rat, the tumor was allowed to
grow and then I surgically removed the tumor and again isolated and filtered the
virus from a portion of the ground up tumor and inoculated the next rat and repeated
this procedure 411 times to prove that this virus was the causative agent of cancer.
Tests on many other diseases such as those previously mentioned are too
numerous to even start on at this time.
25. Quest: About how long a period of time did your work/study of these viruses, and
proof of their pathogenic character, cover?
Ans: 15 years on virus only.
26. Quest: Did you also study bacterial forms of pathogenic organisms associated
with these viruses?
27. Quest: Did you find whether some bacteria were capable of releasing a form of
Ans: Yes. Virus are released from bacteria just as a chicken lays an egg.
28. Quest: How did you determine this?
Ans: By virus observation and cell study and virus photographs which I made and
one which John Crane made from a film of cancer virus which has been copyrighted.
29. Quest: What are some of the bacteria which you found to be capable of
releasing a form of virus?
Ans: Bacillus coli, tuberculosis, typhoid, and many others.
30. Quest: Were certain kinds of culture media better suited than others to the study
of the relationship between the bacteria and virus forms?
Ans: A media developed by Arthur I. Kendall known as K media proved superior to
other types of bacteria media.
31. Quest: If so, why, or in what way, were some culture media superior to others for
Ans: Because of the results obtained.
32. Quest: Were any physicians or scientists associated with you in any of these
33. Quest: Who were they?
Ans: Milbank Johnson, M.D., Arthur I. Kendall, Ph.D., E.C. Rosenow, M.D., Coolidge
of General Electric, O.C. Grunner, M.D., Henry Seiner, Dr. Copp, M.D., Alvin G. Foord,
M.D., Ernest Lynwood Walker, M.D., and Karl Meyer, M.D., of the Hooper Foundation
of San Francisco, George Dock, M.D., Waylen Morrison, M.D., Dr. Fischer, M.D., Verne
Thompson, Ben Cullen, Ray Lounsberry, M.D., James B. Couche, M.D., Charles F.
Tully, D.D.S., Arthur Yale, M.D., R.T. Hammer, M.D., John Crane, David Sawyer, Don
Tully, J. Heitger, M.D., Royal Lee, Ph.D., T.O. Berger, M.D., Alice Kendall, and many
34. Quest: Where did they work with you?
Ans: Work was conducted in various laboratories, offices, and buildings in San
Diego and in the United States. I traveled all over the world and many doctors and
scientists and executives visited me at my various laboratories including the Rife
Research Laboratory, the Point Loma Lab set up at Dr. Tully’s, the Rife Virus
Microscope Institute, and another microscope and dark room facility at San Diego,
and I furnished free of charge to the police crime laboratory thousands of dollars
worth of chemicals, precision instruments, electronic instruments, and training in
microscope techniques and laboratory diagnosis and other equipment and
glassware after I closed the Rife Research Laboratory in 1946. Another laboratory
for research work on seawater conversion was set up and used at the foot of Canyon
Street in Point Loma.
35. Quest: What part did they have in any of these experiments or studies?
Ans: Initially the work and the origin was developed under my control and guidance.
Later, their work became an interest of collaboration and observation of the results
attained. Initially I worked with loose couplers to get an audio oscillation and then
with the use of transmitters, I tried to balance the audio and modulate the audio on a
carrier wave to transmit the audio energy but I found that both the audio and the
audio transmitted through a tube as an antenna worked equally as well in a painless
and harmless method to human tissue. Coolidge furnished many tubes. Milbank
Johnson, a multi-millionaire, set up and supervised three human research clinics.
The first clinic was set up under a special medical research committee of the
University of Southern California with Dr. Rufus B. Von Klein Smidt on the committee
in the home of Ellen Scripps in La Jolla in 1934. Johnson selected outstanding
doctors to aid us in the clinical work such as Docks, Morrison, Foord, Meyer, Kendall,
Rosenow, Fisher of the Children’s Hospital in New York, and others helping or
observing were Heitger, Lounsberry, Copp, Alice Kendall, Henry Seiner, Grunner,
Berger, Hammer, Couche, Yale, and Cullen. Walker and I studied leprosy and I
isolated a virus which we jointly demonstrated was common to rat, and soil, and
human leprosy and I found a frequency which would eliminate leprosy. Dr. Gonin,
M.D., visited me and I sent Henry Seiner to demonstrate a virus microscope in
England to the medical profession there. Alice Kendall worked for me in the lab and
so did Henry Seiner and others. From 1950 and on, John Crane has continued on
with this research. The others were visitors and interested parties. Many others
have aided in promotion of this research and the AMA has suppressed all effort and
research knowledge of my developments.
36. Quest: Did you grow bacteria and viruses in various culture media?
37. Quest: How did you determine what they were?
Ans: They can be readily diagnosed by their own true colors which are emitted when
placed in any of the five virus microscopes that I designed and built for this virus
identification and study.
38. Quest: What study and experience did you have in the science of optics, before
commencing these experiments?
Ans: I studied for 6 years with Hans Luckel who was Karl Zeiss’s optical scientist
and researcher. I also made all the photomicrographs for the Atlas of Parasites
which was done at the University of Heidelberg. I also studied eye surgery for two
39. Quest: Over about what period of time had you made such study and gained this
Ans: Nine years before commencing on my own research.
40. Quest: Did you find ordinary microscopes, such as are obtainable from
commercial sources, adequate for the study of these viruses?
41. Quest: In what ways were they deficient?
Ans: They have insufficient power, poor detail and definition, and poor resolution and
cannot illuminate the virus with selected frequency or frequencies of monochromatic
beam light which is required to see virus. Control of the light is very important.
42. Quest: What type of microscope did you find necessary to complete your study of
Ans: Prismatic virus microscopes which I designed and built for virus study and
research only. I have never tried to commercialize on these instruments. They were
offered to Bausch and Lomb but they couldn’t justify the cost of tooling to build these
complex instruments and the doctors could not afford to buy them either because
they would have been too expensive for the average laboratory to even consider.
43. Quest: In what ways did they differ from the commercially available types?
Ans: In the barrel were prisms which transmitted the light. The stage had to be level
and a series of condenser lenses between the patented microscope lamp of mine
and the risely prism were located below the stage. Special lens spacings were
important to compensate for the extra long tube length of 220 and 440 mm and a
higher degree of accuracy in stage adjustment was provided. In the Universal
microscope - seven turns of the dial move the object under study one micron; slit
ultra illumination was also provided.
44. Quest: Did you obtain the kind of special microscopes you found to be
45. Quest: How did you obtain them?
Ans: I built many and I purchased some and had them built to my specifications.
46. Quest: What types were they?
Ans: Standard research types, prismatic virus types, crystallographic,
petrographical-micropolariscope, polarized, and historical types.
47. Quest: What did these special microscopes do which the commercially
available types would not do as well?
Ans: Show virus and allow us to study them alive and identify them as virus and
allow us to diagnose them as to the disease of which they caused and were
48. Quest: What is necessary, in order to make bacteria and viruses visible under
Ans: First there must be high enough power to enable the observer to see them and
second they must be identified by a frequency of light which coordinates with the
chemical constituents of the virus or filterable form in question. To my knowledge
there is only one instrument today which will even show these virus and that is the
Rife Prismatic Virus Microscope which I built for this work. The electron microscope
is a useless device for this study because the virus are killed instantly and you don’t
know what form you are seeing them in and they generally appear as round balls of
dried up chemical particles.
49. Quest: What different methods of staining bacteria and viruses are in common
Ans: Acid and analine dye stains of many formula are commercially available.
50. Quest: Did you find these common methods of staining sufficient for the
experiments you performed?
51. Quest: If not, what were their deficiencies?
Ans: They would not show the flagella, or the virus.
52. Quest: Did you devise another method of staining or making visible bacteria and
53. Quest: What was this method?
Ans: I had devised a stain with alfalfa hay and mercury for flagella on B-coli and
typhoid to count their concentration. Virus were made visible for the first time with a
variable light frequency controlled by a risely prism of a counter rotating nature, and
iris diaphragm, condenser lenses and other features previously mentioned.
54. Quest: Explain how it was done.
Ans: By rotation and variable monochromatic beam adjustment of the Rife Prismatic
55. Quest: How did you obtain the instruments necessary to do this?
Ans: I built them in my research laboratory. Which is shown in the movies that John
Crane has at RVMI (Rife Virus Microscope Institute).
56. Quest: What study and experience have you had in the science of bacteriology?
Ans: I studied bacteriology at John Hopkins University and the University of
Heidelberg and in my own research laboratory.
57. Quest: Over about what period of time did you get this study and experience?
Ans: 40 years
58. Quest: Besides studying bacteria and viruses growing in culture media, did you
also make any study of their effects upon laboratory animals inoculated with such
bacteria or viruses?
59. Quest: What kinds of animals were used in such experiments?
Ans: Albino rats, guinea pigs, rabbits. I had about 800 rats which were used
60. Quest: Where were such experiments performed?
Ans: In the Rife Research Laboratory in Point Loma.
61. Quest: Under whose direction?
Ans: Under my direction.
62. Quest: Did any other scientists or physicians assist you in any of these studies
of inoculated laboratory animals?
Ans: No, but I had men that worked for me and helped me.
63. Quest: Did any other scientists observe, without actually assisting, any of these
studies or experiments?
64. Quest: Who were they?
Ans: Dr. Kendall, Grunner, Johnson, Couche, Copp, Lounsberry, Berger, Seiner,
Cullen, Foord, Rosenow, Karl Meyer, Walker, and others as stated before.
65. Quest: What part did they take in such studies?
Ans: By bringing cancer tissue, collaborating results, by using the virus microscopes
and observing my results and observations, by growing virus and by conducting
clinical tests on virus, bacteria and fungi on cultures and human cases or patients
for their own research and knowledge.
66. Quest: As a result of such studies, did you and Dr. Arthur I. Kendall publish a
report of some of your experiments or studies of filterable forms of bacillus typhus?
67. Quest: Was this report published in “California and Western Medicines”, the
Journal of the California Medical Association, in the December, 1931, issue?
68. Quest: Is this a copy of the article? (Attached as defendant’s exhibit)
69. Quest: Was this Dr. Arthur Isaac Kendall, Ph.D., at that time the Director of
Medical Research of Northwestern University Medical School?
70. Quest: In July, 1932, did you continue some of this study of bacteria and viruses
with Dr. Arthur Isaac Kendall in his laboratory at Northwestern University Medical
71. Quest: At that time, did Dr. E.O. Rosenow, M.D., of the Division of Experimental
Bacteriology of the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, observe some of this study
made at Northwestern University Medical School, in Dr. Kendall’s laboratory?
72. Quest: Did Dr. Rosenow publish a report of this study in the July, 1932, issue of
the Mayo Clinic Bulletin?
73. Quest: Is this a copy of this publication of Dr. Rosenow’s article? (Attached as
defendant’s exhibit B)
74. Quest: About when did you begin your experiments in the effect of electronic
frequencies upon bacteria and viruses?
75. Quest: How did you obtain the device or mechanism used to generate such
Ans: Some coils I wound myself. Other parts I purchased.
76. Quest: How did you determine whether particular frequencies had any effect
upon bacteria or viruses?
Ans: By observation with bacteria and virus under the Rife Virus Prismatic
Microscope in conjunction with the application of electronic energy.
77. Quest: Were you able to kill or de-activate any bacteria or viruses by the
application to them of electronic currents or rays?
78. Quest: Can you name some of the bacteria and viruses which you were able to
kill or to de-activate by such means?
Ans: Tetanus, typhoid, gonorrhea, treponema pallidum, staphylococci, pneumonia,
streptothrix, bacillus coli, tuberculosis, streptococci, sarcoma, carcinoma, and many
others. And it was found that by using combinations of these frequencies for the
different microorganisms that many other diseases could be helped like sinus,
ulcers, cataract, arthritis, poliomyelitis, etc.
79. Quest: Is there a distinction between the terms “kill” and “de-activate” as you
have used them? That is to say, were any of these viruses or bacteria deprived of
their virulent activity without having to completely kill them?
Ans: Yes. On some research it was found that after transfer to another media no
further reproduction would occur.
80. Quest: After treatment of viruses or bacteria by the application to them of certain
electronic currents or rays, as you have mentioned, was there ever any change in the
appearance of such bacteria or viruses as seen under your microscope? If so,
Ans: Yes. Some types will explode or disintegrate and some will gather together like
log jams or agluetinate.
81. Quest: Were you acquainted with Dr. Milbank Johnson, M.D., during this period?
82. Quest: Did he participate in any of your experiments or studies on the effect of
electronic frequencies upon bacteria and viruses?
83. Quest: Did he participate in any of your experiments or studies on the effect of
these electronic frequencies upon laboratory animals which had been inoculated
with various diseases?
84. Quest: Did you furnish one of your electronic frequency-generators to Dr.
Milbank Johnson for his use?
85. Quest: Over about what period of time did he use it?
Ans: 8 years
86. Quest: Where did he make use of it?
Ans: In the Sante Fe Hospital in Los Angeles and a private clinic in Pasadena.
87. Quest: Was this electronic frequency-generator used by him or under his
direction in the treatment of disease of human patients?
88. Quest: Did he report to you the results of these treatments?
89. Quest: Did you observe the giving of any of these treatments?
90. Quest: Did you observe the results of these treatments?
91. Quest: What changes did you observe in the condition of any of the patients so
treated by Dr. Milbank Johnson with the instrument you had furnished to him?
Describe them in detail?
Ans: I observed some cataract cases, etc.
92. Quest: During the period of time when Dr. Milbank Johnson was so using your
electronic frequency-generator, were you acquainted with Dr. James B. Couche, M.D.
93. Quest: Did Dr. James B. Couche participate in the work of Dr. Milbank Johnson
in the treatment of human patients with the frequency-generator?
94. Quest: Did you furnish Dr. James B. Couche, M.D., with one of your electronic
frequency-generators for his own use?
Ans: Yes. The Beam Ray Corporation built two instruments for Dr. Couche.
95. Quest: When did Dr. Milbank Johnson die?
96. Quest: Was the work of Dr. Milbank Johnson in treating human patients with
your frequency-generator continued after his death?
97. Quest: Did Dr. James B. Couche continue to use the frequency-generator which
you had furnished to him? If so, until about what date?
Ans: Yes until he died in 1959.
98. Quest: About when did Dr. James B. Couche die?
Ans: In the spring of 1959.
99. Quest: Did Dr. James B. Couche report to you the results of his use of your
100. Quest: Did you observe any of the treatments given by Dr. James B. Couche
with your frequency-generator?
101. Quest: Did you observe the results of any treatments given by Dr. James B.
Couche with your frequency-generator?
102. Quest: What changes did you observe in the condition of any of the human
patients who had been so treated with your frequency-generator by Dr. James B.
Ans: I saw cancer and tuberculosis cases that had completely recovered. I saw Dr.
Couche’s brother who had come over from England. He had a 30 year sinus
condition with terrible drainage. Dr. Couche used the frequency instrument on him
and he was well in three weeks. Dr. Couche had treated Dr. Hamer, M.D., for a sinus
condition which cleared up. Dr. Couche had treated Dr. Butterfield, M.D.’s
brother-in-law who had a stiff wrist * a tuberculosis of the bone which cleared up.
Also I saw a Mexican boy who had osteomyelitis of the bone which Dr. Couche
cleared up with the frequency instrument. I saw George Lemm, being treated by Dr.
Couche for tuberculosis and he had come out from Chicago to die. He was sent
from the Vulclain Home. As soon as they found out that Couche was getting results,
they tried to get all of their patients back but Lemm said no that he was going to
finish up with Couche and he completely recovered.
103. Quest: Did you furnish Dr. Arthur W. Yale, M.D., (now deceased) with one of
your electronic frequency-generators? If so, about when?
Ans: Yes. He had ordered an instrument from the Beam Ray Corporation in 1937.
104. Quest: Did Dr. Arthur W. Yale furnish you with any reports of the results of his
treatments of human patients with your electronic frequency-generator device?
105. Quest: Did you observe any of the treatments given by Dr. Arthur W. Yale?
106. Quest: Did you observe the condition of any of Dr. Arthur W. Yale’s patients
after they had been treated by him with your electronic frequency-generator? If so,
what change, if any, in their condition did you observe?
Ans: Yes. They completely recovered from syphilis, cancer, tuberculosis, and many
107. Quest: Did you perform any experiments on laboratory animals which had
been inoculated with any diseases, to determine the effect upon such animals of
treatment with your electronic frequency-generator?
108. Quest: What kinds of animals did you use?
Ans: Albino rats, rabbits, guinea pigs.
109. Quest: With what diseases were these animals inoculated?
Ans: Sarcoma, carcinoma, tuberculosis, typhoid, etc.
110. Quest: Were any of these animals inoculated with cancer in any form?
111. Quest: Describe in detail the experiments you made to determine the effect
upon these animals of treatment with your electronic frequency-generator.
Ans: Before the animal was inoculated a quarantine period of two weeks was
observed with stool analysis and metabolism check-up made to be sure that the
animal was free of disease and in good health. On one series of cancer tests, I
inoculated the cancer virus that I isolated from an unulcerated human breast mass
into an albino rat and grew the tumor. I surgically removed this tumor and again
isolated the virus and inoculated the next rat. I did this 411 times on one series of
tests to prove that the BX or the virus which I had isolated was in reality the causative
agent of cancer. This procedure is shown in a documentary film which John Crane
has of this work and it also shows the virus of cancer before and after devitalization
with a Rife frequency instrument. An air bubble is shown coming into the cover slip
because I had not sealed it. We also did a great deal of work on tuberculosis with
animals and proved that the rod form and the virus form must both be devitalized to
attain results which requires two frequencies, one for each form before recovery can
occur. The treatment for all of the diseases proved successful and hundreds of tests
were conducted on each disease with adequate controls before the critical
frequencies were established.
112. Quest: Did you compare the subsequent condition of the animals so treated
with your frequency-generator with the condition of “control” animals which had been
inoculated with disease but not treated with your frequency-generator? If so,
describe the difference, if any, which you observed in their condition.
Ans: Yes. The inoculated controls died and the controls which were not inoculated
were not affected.
113. Quest: About how many experiments of this kind did you make?
Ans: 50,000 animal tests and 400 test tubes daily on my experiments.
114. Quest: Over about what period of time did you conduct these experiments?
Ans: 26 years
115. Quest: Did you find, from these experiments, that it made any difference which
particular frequency you used in the treatment of any certain disease?
116. Quest: Did any disease respond exactly the same to all frequencies, or a wide
variety of frequencies? If so, which one?
117. Quest: Were you able to determine whether each kind of bacteria or virus
which you tested was affected most by some particular frequency?
118. Quest: What happened when you used a different frequency on it?
Ans: It was not affected.
119. Quest: Did you make a moving picture showing the interior of your laboratory
and some of its equipment?
120. Quest: Did this moving picture also show some of your experimental work on
Ans: Yes. Some cancer work is shown.
121. Quest: In this moving picture, who is the person shown performing surgical
operations on laboratory animals?
Ans: I performed all surgery at the Rife Research Laboratory.
122. Quest: Who now has this moving picture? Did you give it to him?
Ans: John Crane. Yes.
123. Quest: Did you ever explain to John F. Crane, one of the defendants in this
case, the principles upon which your electronic frequency-generator is used in the
treatment of disease?
Ans: Yes in 1950.
124. Quest: Did you also inform him of the particular frequencies which you had
found to be effective in the treatment of various diseases?
Ans: Yes. Vern Thompson and I gave the frequencies to John Crane.
125. Quest: When did you furnish him this information?
Ans: In 1950
126. Quest: Did you ever request any governmental department or agency to make
a test of your electronic frequency-generator to determine its effect upon diseases?
If so, which one or ones?
Ans: Yes. The Department of Health, Education and Welfare and the National
Research Council, Committee on Growth, Washington DC, The American Cancer
Society, The Damon Runyon Fund, The Sloan Kettering Institute, The International
Cancer Clinic and many others. They have shown no interest in an electronic
127. Quest: Did any one of them express willingness to make such a test or even to
observe such a test? If so, which one?
Ans: Yes. The American Cancer Society was interested until they found out that
John Crane and I are not medical doctors and then they called John Crane from New
York and stated that they had decided to cancel the proposed project which would
have shown them how to isolate the virus, make it virulent, grow the cancer tumors
and how to electronically eliminate the cancer. They spend millions on drugs but
nothing on electronics unless it will supplement drugs like x-ray and radioactive
treatments which put terrible scar tissue and burns inside the body and then the
person has to have a great amount of dope and painkillers to keep the pain down.
The drug racketeer makes ten billion dollars annually on cancer alone and with this
money they have been able to have an unconstitutional law put on the books which
stated that people will only be treated for cancer by medical doctors with x-ray,
radioactive treatments, and surgery creating a drug monopoly to kill cancer; slowly.
128. Quest: Did any one of them ever actually make a test of your
electronic-frequency generator, using the frequencies which you had found to be
effective, so far as you know?
129. Quest: Did you ever request any medical school to make a test of your
electronic-frequency generator, using the frequencies which you had found to be
130. Quest: Other than the work of the special committee under Dr. Milbank
Johnson, did any medical school express a willingness to make such a test?
Ans: Yes. Work was done at the Hooper Foundation of the University of California
and at the Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago by Ernest Lynwood
Walker and Arthur I. Kendall.
131. Quest: Did you ever request any medical society to make a test of your
electronic-frequency generator, using the frequencies which you had found to be
effective? If so, which one or ones?
Ans: Yes. The American Medical Association.
132. Quest: Did any medical society express a willingness to make, or even to
observe such a test?
133. Quest: So far as you know, has any medical society ever made a test of your
electronic frequency-generator, using the frequencies which you had found effective?
134. Quest: Have you ever made or observed a test of the effect of the electronic
frequency-generator, of the type produced by John F. Crane, one of the defendants in
this case? If so, tell us the kind of test or tests, who made such test or tests, and
what result you observed.
Ans: Yes. I saw the instrument kill earthworms, bacillus coli and others. I showed
John Crane how to accomplish this work.
135. Quest: Have you ever been awarded a research fellowship in biochemistry by
any nationally-known institute for scientific research?
136. Quest: What is the name of it?
Ans: Andean Anthropological Expedition
137. Quest: Is this a copy of the award, together with a copy of the covering letter or
transmittal from the Andean Anthropological Expedition? (Attached as defendant’s
for information on instruments email
or call us at +1-541-434-0318 or 1-866-747-7447 (toll
free in US).
External Rife Links (bookmark our site!):
British Rife Group - Aubrey Scoon - some
great vintage schematics from backengineered Rife units are posted
on this site.
here's one of the schematics - please let us know
if you are building one...
The Rife Information Forum Europe
Brian McInturff's site
Includes the CAFL (Consolidated Annotated Frequency List) used freqeuntly by Rife researchers
The Rife Forum
Research with AZ-58 Rife Machine
1939 Rife Trial Papers
check these out!
Rife Lab Reports
Jimmie Holman's Rife Technology Site
Jimmie is a longtime Rife researcher and electrical engineer
Jimmie Holman's older site
Fred Walter's Rife research site
Historical Rife Documentary
Jason Ringas and Shawn Montgomery of the Rife Research Group of Canada bring you this
impressive 74 min informative documentary.
Kinnaman Foundation (another set) Rife Audio CD set
for information on the Ultimate B3
or call us at +1-541-434-0318 or 1-866-747-7447 (toll free in US).
How did Dr. Rife's instruments work?
Since the first writing of this article more information
has come to light (John Marsh’s papers & tapes)
that made it so we had to correct the major errors that were
in it. We believe that this new documented information will
finally answer these questions: who found the audio frequencies
and what instruments used them? And what frequencies were
Dr. Rife’s true M.O.R.s? When new information is received
that sheds greater light on Dr. Rife and the history of those
who worked with him then it becomes necessary to update this
In this article we will examine the way Dr. Rife’s
instruments worked. We will look at the evidence by quoting
the sources such as Dr. Rife, John Crane, John Marsh, Dr.
Couche, Dr. Lara, Dr. Stafford and Bertrand L. Comperet,
Rife’s attorney in the 1938 Beam Ray Corporation trial,
and later John Crane’s attorney for Life Labs’
trial in 1961. Hopefully anyone who reads this article will
have a better understanding about Dr. Rife and the methods
he used. Our goal is to try to give people information so
that they can make a more informed decision. We have tried
to explain in laymen’s terms so that anyone can understand.
We hope this will be helpful.
What is a ray tube and how does it work?
Dr. Rife used a ray tube with his instruments. A ray tube
was made out of glass, quartz or Pyrex and was filled with
a noble gas or a mixture of noble gases. Dr. Rife used different
mixtures of gases but finally ended up using helium. He
Rife: “We have experimented with various inert gases
and we found that helium stood up by the bombardment better
than any of the other gases. That’s why we use it.
We don’t care about the color or anything of that
sort. It stood up better over many more hours of bombardment
than the argon and the crypton and those different gases
that we tried.” (John Marsh collection - Gonin and
Siner papers pages 25 & 26. www.rife.org)
The ray tube was connected to the instrument by two wires.
These wires were connected to two round metal bars that
went into the glass tube and had round disks connected to
their ends. One disk was straight and the other one was
on a 45 degree angle. This gave it a directional effect
towards the patient. Dr. Rife stated that the ray tube was
“a directional antenna”. Because the scientific
technology behind ray tubes had already been perfected,
Rife worked with that technology and only had to make some
adjustments for it to work the way he wanted it to. Bertrand
L. Comperet, Rife’s attorney, stated in an interview:
Comperet: “Now, the original instrument had a tube,
like an X-ray tube. That was the way in which Rife developed
it. You see, all the X-ray work necessarily was done with
a beam projected from a tube. So, Rife worked on the same
basis.” (Comperet interview papers - 1970’s)
There are limitations to ray tubes that need to be understood.
It has to do with the laws of physics. Ray tubes when properly
tuned are very efficient. About 95% of the energy that you
put into a ray tube comes out. Dr. Rife’s instruments
put out about 50 to 60 watts to the ray tube. This means
about 50 watts came out of the ray tube. You have to divide
the 50 watts that come out of the ray tube by four (because
of the laws of physics on signal loss) for every foot that
you move away from the ray tube. So at one foot away from
the ray tube you only have 12.5 watts. At two feet you only
have 3.125 watts and at 3 feet you only have about .78 of
a watt. This is important to understand because Rife and
the doctors that used his equipment put the ray tube within
a few inches of the patient’s body. Dr. Couche said
that he would sometimes touch the body of the patient in
the area that needed to be treated. Dr. Robert P. Stafford
said when we asked him, that when he treated cancer patients
he would put the ray tube within a few inches of the body
and treat a 6 inch square area. He would move the ray tube
up and down and back and forth so that the whole 6 inch
area was treated. He said that he did this because of the
way the phanotron ray tube worked. The design of a phanotron
ray tube makes it partially directional and concentrates
its energy or power into a small area. With the power loss
from the ray tube it is easy to understand why Dr. Stafford,
Dr. Couch, Dr. Rife and the other doctors used the ray tube
right next to the body.
We have built an AZ-58 ray tube instrument (a 1950’s
Rife instrument made by Life Labs) from schematics that
are on Stan Truman’s site, www.rife.org, under
AZ-58 research information. This instrument is almost the
same as the original 1930’s Beam Ray instrument built
by Philip Hoyland found on Aubrey Scoon's website (http://www.scoon.co.uk/Electrotherapy/Rife/BeamRay/index.htm),
except it doesn’t have any harmonics in the carrier
frequency and it uses square wave audio frequencies. We
tested the AZ-58 for penetration and found that at about
32 inches from the body full penetration of the frequency
emitted from the ray tube was lost. From the tests made,
it takes at least 1.25 watts to penetrate all the way through
We are not trying to upset or offend any manufacturers of
ray tube instruments but the laws of physics must be understood
no matter how much we may dislike it. With this said, many
ray tube instruments built today recommend that you stay
from 3 to 6 feet away from the ray tube. These instruments
put out about 125 to 250 watts into the ray tube. With 125
watts you only get 31.25 watts to the body at one foot.
If one sits 3 to 6 feet away from the ray tube then, according
to the laws of physics, there may not be enough power to
fully penetrate the body. Since Dr. Rife always tested his
instruments for penetration, and used the ray tube right
next to the body, I believe he understood these limitations.
Some use a long cylinder type ray tube that stands straight
up or lays down sideways. These put out in 360 degrees with
no directional effect and are called omni-directional. This
means that the 125 watts that come out of the ray tube are
spread out in 360 degrees. With the energy spread out in
360 degrees at a distance of 3 to 6 feet away, one can see
that by the laws of physics the power penetrating the body
is minimal. We are not questioning the effectiveness of
ray tubes, just the distance in relation to the power loss.
We are not doubting that there may be physiologic effects
from ray tubes at a great distance (50 to 100 feet) but
the real question is can the frequency fully penetrate the
body and kill an organism at that distance?
What power levels did Dr. Rife use?
Dr. Rife’s #4 instrument and the instrument built
by Beam Ray Corporation of the 1930’s and Life Labs
of the 1950’s put about 50 to 60 watts into the ray
tube. Because some of Dr. Rife’s information about
instrument power levels is confusing, most of us have thought
that Dr. Rife’s instruments put out 400 to 600 watts
to the ray tube but new information show this is not correct.
The problem has been that the people who wrote down this
information were incorrectly giving the power usage of Rife’s
instruments as the output power. Dr. Rife’s instruments
used 400 to 600 watts but they only put out about 50 to
60 watts to the ray tube. When the 1930’s Beam Ray
Corporation instrument power levels were measured, it showed
that they used about 450 watts and output about 50 watts
to the ray tube. When measured, the AZ-58 1950’s instrument
used about the same 450 watts but output about 60 watts
to the ray tube. In the paper “Development of the
Rife Ray and use in devitalizing of pathogenic micro-organisms”
it states: “The frequencies were generated by a tube
oscillator with many stages of amplification, the final
stage being a 50 watt output tube.” Now this output
tube should not be confused with the ray tube. These are
the old tubes used in radios and televisions. The main output
tube in the AZ-58 is an 812A tube that is rated at 85 watts.
You can get more power out of it but you will also shorten
your tube life. The 1930’s Beam Ray instruments used
a similar tube with about the same power output.
The important thing to understand is that Dr. Rife’s
instruments did not put out any more power than about 60
watts to the ray tube. When Dr. Rife, Crane and Marsh were
working on sea water conversion and used frequencies in
that process, they boosted the output power in the instrument.
Concerning that instrument and some 1930’s Beam Ray
instruments that Dr. Yale had increased the power level
on Rife said the following:
Rife: “Now this outfit here - the way we have it
boosted up here now with an extreme lot of power behind
the actual output that is coming out of the thing...I wouldn’t
want to use this - or I wouldn’t want to use this
instrument here the way it is souped up there for this salt
water proposition to treat a patient with.”
Rife: “You can get beyond the limit.”
GONIN: “Yes, quite.”
Crane: “That’s what Dr. Yale did. You see,
he stepped it up and up and up…”
Rife: “When Vern Thompson used to go down there and
take care of Yale’s machines - when he began stepping
them up and so...where you get up into that extreme power…oh
yes, that is not good. With the power that is in these [50
to 60 watts], there is absolutely no harm because I had
my microscope here - I had my tube [ray tube] right here
in front of it - oh, about 11 or 12 inches away from the
slide in the microscope and here I was with this thing all
around like that and that tube going here and my specimens
and the microscope year after year tuning that thing and
it never harmed me any.” (John Marsh collection -
Gonin papers pages 2 & 3. www.rife.org)
Dr. Yale’s Beam Ray instruments were putting out
a lot more power than Dr. Rife felt was safe. If Yale’s
instruments were made to put out the maximum power that
the main output tube could produce then they probably were
putting out around 100 watts. It may be that Dr. Rife was
just over cautious but we believe his statement should be
considered when one looks at power levels of 100 to 300
watts. These kind of power levels are not necessary if a
phanotron tube is used.
You can read the
rest of this article by clicking here!
you've found this article interesting you'll like
what we did with this Function Generator. Click Here
for more Info.
Simply Fill Out This
Form To Learn More About Rife Technology and Related Health
Topics - It's Free:
Why Should I Sign Up? You'll Get Exclusive Reports Not
Available On Our Website and Learn about our member's only
specials. We routinely give out free eBooks on topics related
to Rife. Immediately you'll get this report compiled in
a format that you can read whenever you want without an
Important! Please Read: To eliminate fraud we have implemented
a double opt-in process. You will get an immediate confirmation
email after submitting below. To assure that you receive
the free Rife eBook you must click the "confirmation" link
on this email. After you do this we will send you another
email with the eBook download.
(Would You Also Like To Get Our Printed Catalog?
Here and We'll Send You One!)
for information on instruments email
or call us at +1-541-434-0318 or 1-866-747-7447 (toll
free in US).
© Copyright 1997-2004 www.futuretechtoday.com
- All Rights Reserved
++1-541-434-0318 tele - 1-866-747-7447 toll free in US
statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products not intended
to prevent, cure, diagnose, or treat any disease.